ALL Careers Challenge
The Planet Project fosters on-the-ground local action in addition to online actions. We featured the ALL Careers Contest in our last blog and newsletter. Now we are issuing a challenge to our Planet Movement members who live in Boulder County: help make the ALL Careers Contest a success!
This is a tangible short/medium term project with great potential to bring Planet Project values to life. You can help empower and inspire high school students to discover ways to align their career choices with their heartfelt desire to make a positive difference in the world. And you can help students, teachers, guidance counselors, environment educators and entire schools earn prize money.
Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
- Do you know a BVSD student, teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator? Tell them about the ALL Careers Contest (or forward them this webpage) and encourage them to enter.
- Volunteer to help with planning a recognition event for contest winners (in May, 2023).
- Get the word out in the community by contributing an Op Ed to the Boulder Daily Camera or highlighting the contest in your blog or social media networks.
- Offer to mentor student contestants.
- Enlist participation by businesses as sponsors of the event and/or mentors for the ALL Careers approach to education.
- Help connect with the media and others that can help recognize contest winners.
- Can you think of other ways you can help?
Contact Martin Ogle to get involved: MartinOgle@hotmail.com
Also, feel free to ask questions and/or post your ideas in the Planet Community.